Thursday, June 29

Summary of all legislation

Several days ago, I posted a link to a fine resource out of the Diocese of Chicago. It lists, on two handy pages, a summary of major legislation passed at General Convention. Today the Episcopal News Service has come out with its own summary of all legslation enacted by the Convention.

Have a look. If you get all excited, you can look up the full text of all resolutions proposed, check the status of each one, and see all the amendments.

As you'll see, fighting and sex made up 2.47% of all resolutions. (I just made up that number, but it seems about right.) For some reason, fighting and sex drew about 63% of all media coverage, while our new Presiding Bishop resulted in 32% (again, just go with me here--I was making a point). Almost all the resolutions were about the ordinary business of being a church, and many of the resolutions (related to slavery, elimination of poverty, etc.) were about making us a better church.

No comments:

Post a Comment