Thursday, June 15

Deputies at work (having fun too?)

Today I walked into the House of Deputies as they were having a moment of frustration that quickly turned into a moment of levity. It seems that the electronic voting system wasn't working properly.

A Deputy rose to complain, and he was so flustered, we wasn't sure what to call his voting keypad, so he said he was having trouble with his "doohickey." Without missing a beat, the chair of the meeting asked him to bring his "doohickey" to the front. Maybe you had to be there. Anyway, it got our delegation to laugh.

I promise I'll get more photos of them looking studious. I think that the work they do is probably not this fun most of the time. Below is a picture to give you a sense of what the House looks like. The flags behind the podium, by the way, are flags of the countries where the Episcopal Church is present (not the Anglican Communion, but our own Episcopal Church).

No comments:

Post a Comment