Saturday, June 17

Presiding Bishop election coverage tomorrow...

I'll post photos and details as soon as I can get them tomorrow. Here's what I know now. At 9 a.m., there is a Eucharist for the whole Convention. At about 10:30 a.m., the bishops will meet in Trinity Church, near the Convention Center. Only the bishops will be allowed into the church -- no media of any kind. The bishops keep voting until one of the seven nominees gets a majority of the votes.

Once that happens the elected person (and the number of votes cast in each ballot) is presented to the House of Deputies for consent. That should happen sometime in the afternoon. Just exactly when depends on how many ballots the bishops need to reach a majority. Last time, nine years ago, it was three ballots, finishing about 2:30 p.m.

Pray for the bishops as they elect a new Presiding Bishop.

No comments:

Post a Comment