Friday, June 16

CNN's Larry King featured Episcopal leaders and issues

Last night, CNN's Larry King interviewed a number of leaders in the Episcopal Church. Mostly they talked about the hot button issues in our church that you'd expect Larry King to feature: sex and scriptural authority.

GENE ROBINSON: Well, I would say that none of us are able to conform our lives to scriptural standards. In the gospel of Luke, for instance, Jesus said if you want to be a follower of mine you must give up all your possessions. I don't see many of us doing that. We all fall short in one way or another. The miracle, the good news, is that we're not worthy, but we're made worthy by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. That's the good news we have to give to the world and God has said to me and to all of God's children what God said to Jesus at his baptism, you are my beloved. In you, I am well pleased. The world is desperate to know a God like that.

Here's the full transcript. Thanks to Dan Harvey for pointing me to the transcript.

No comments:

Post a Comment