Monday, October 30

PB investiture coverage on the way

I encourage all readers to make some time this Saturday to watch the investiture of Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori as the 26th Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church. The service, to be held at Washington National Cathedral, begins at 11 a.m. Eastern time this Saturday, November 4. It will be a grand occasion with lots of pomp and ceremony.

You will be able to watch the service live via streaming video on your computer (if you have a fast Internet connection). You can also attend an "Investiture Party" (that's my phrase, not the Official Diocesan Title) at Diocesan House Annex. That starts a little before 11. There's parking right near by. Here's the location.

Finally, your intrepid reporter will be there. If I get a decent seat and some Internet, I'll be blogging during the service. ENS is covering this, and I'll try to post some photos, etc., here during the service. Check back often.

No comments:

Post a Comment