As many of you know, your roving reporter has really roved. All the way to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania for the 2007
Primates' Meeting of the Anglican Communion. Head bishops from the whole globe are here, along with many hangers-on. I'm here partly to report on the gathering for a couple of church media sources, and I'm here to be part of a progressive contingent of folks to counter-balance the usual presence of very conservative folks. You can read my first-hand reports over on
another blog. I'll post here if something very major happens (or intensely amusing or even moderately fascinating), but most of my writing will be
there. This is a quasi-official diocesan blog, and I don't want my personal writing/opinions to appear in this venue.

I'll post photos on the other blog tomorrow, I hope. For now, I'm putting a photo here to answer one of the leading questions I've heard from people. How, exactly, does one get to Dar es Salaam. This was my route. Five airports in just under 24 hours. (A stop in Nairobi is not shown here.)
More important than the route, I got here through the support of others. Many clergy and lay people have offered prayer, encouragement, and financial support of this trip. Why? Because we care about our church and the assurance that many voices are represented, not only in Dar es Salaam, but for the future. Thanks to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment