Our quarterly RISEN Magazine is an award winning publication. All but two of our churches now have websites, and most of our churches are active on social media as well. The story of all the great things happening in the Episcopal Church in RI is gaining traction church wide, and local RI media has been running near-weekly stories about our churches and programs. In a few more months we will launch our new mobile responsive website, and begin to put into action some of the work Ruth and the Digital Giving task force have done to explore mobile giving options. Ruth's role in the process that has gotten us to this point can not be overstated. We owe her a great deal of thanks.
Ruth has said
“I have never worked in an office as supportive, fun, and full of integrity as the Diocese of RI and will be very lucky ever to find such a place again. I will deeply miss every member of this staff and all of you, the wonderful people I have worked with in our churches. I want to tell you though, that I am confident your next Communications Director will be inheriting a position with all the tools they need to succeed.Our job description for Ruth’s replacement can be found on our website here. Anyone interested in the position could begin by contacting The Rev. Canon Linda Grenz. We are hoping to hire our next Communications Director over the summer months so that we can have as smooth as possible a transition in this important ministry.
This is the perfect time for a fresh set of eyes to come in and strategically maximize all that we’ve put into place over the past 6 years. The Episcopal Church in RI has an exciting future ahead, and everything necessary to share that future with the world. I know God is working in this place. Have you felt the excitement building in this diocese lately? I have! I am blessed to have been a part of it, and can’t wait to see how the Holy Spirit works here in RI the future, and in my own life as I enter this new stage.”
While Ruth and I have only worked together for the past two years, I am grateful for her presence on my senior staff and for the creativity and wide knowledge of this evolving field that she brought to the position.
Pray with us as my office begins to discern who may be the next hire for Rhode Island!
+Nicholas Knisely
XIII Bishop of Rhode Island
No comments:
Post a Comment